Mailbox name diferent than login name in IMAP/POP, possible?

Pedro Algarvio ufs at ufsoft.org
Sat Jun 17 20:32:05 EDT 2006

Is it possible to login like username at domain.tld and get the mailbox
for that user to be for example username_domain.tld?

I'm using ldap as the saslauthd backend, so would it be possible to
translate username at reaml to username_realm, that way users could login
with their normal email address to services like pop/imap.

I know authentication is possible, that's plain ldap, but the mailbox
"translation" is my doubt.

P.S.: I'd like to get this without using cyrus virtdomains setting, or
at least leaving it to off.

Thanks!
--
Pedro Algarvio