strange delays in connecting to POP3 server

Sandy Drobic cyrus-info at japantest.homelinux.com
Wed Jun 7 13:21:48 EDT 2006

Igor Belikov wrote:
> Hello Sandy,
>
> Monday, June 5, 2006, 5:19:20 PM, you wrote:
>
>>> badlogin: aaaaa.bbb.lan [192.168.cc.dd] plaintext eeeee SASL(-13):
>>> authentication failure: checkpass failed
>>>
>>> and I think that delays occur during this unsuccessfull logins
>>>
>>> cyrus authorises users by MySQL database, and all works fine except
>>> irregular delays...
>
> SD> Have you checked the number of concurrent SQL connections and compared it
> SD> with the configured maximum of connections for SQL?
>
> No, because I don't find where I may configure maximum SQL connections
> for Cyrus-SASL. Please point me on corresponding man.

Sorry for the delay.

I would rather look at the log of the sql server. Also check what limit of
concurrent connections is configured for your server:

mysqld --help| grep max_connections
   --max_connections=# The number of simultaneous clients allowed.
                       value is 0 then mysqld will reserve
                       max_connections*5 or
                       max_connections + table_cache*2 (whichever is
                       larger)
max_connections                   100

Sandy