High availability email server...

Heinzmann, Robert Heinzmann at cc-dresden.de
Fri Jul 28 12:46:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

you can also use DRBD for replication on the block level. Then you need no SAN and have a shared nothing architecture. You will need a high speed link between the sites (GBIT). An alternative is a SAN with replication. You can also use md for this purpose (host based SAN raid). Two cheap MSA 1000/1500 will do just fine.

We have done a installation with 2 MSA 1500 san arrays mirrored with MD on the host level in production since 1 year. Runs without a problem. There are aprox. 3500 active users on the servers. Exim and other services (e.g. LDAP) are also protected in the cluster.  We used SteelEye LifeKeeper as cluster software.

Contact me if you need more information.

Regards,
Robert Heinzmann

COMPUTER CONCEPT
CC Computersysteme und Kommunikationstechnik GmbH
Robert Heinzmann
Wiener Str. 114 - 116		Email:	heinzmann at cc-dresden.de
01219 Dresden			Telefon:	+49 (0)351/8 76 92-0
					Telefax:	+49 (0)351/8 76 92-99
					Internet:	http://www.cc-dresden.de