performance issue (imap spool on san)

Daniel Eckl deckl at nero.com
Wed Jul 26 16:34:23 EDT 2006

Hi David!

All your points are fully correct. But changes nothing to my basic
saying: It's plain wrong to say thunderbird is NOT an IMAP client.

It might be a very bad IMAP client regarding this one feature, but it IS
an IMAP client. It's fully RFC compliant, it does not matter if it uses
all IMAP features or not.

And for nearly all users, only graphical clients are usable at all.

So for nearly all users, Thunderbird is the best availiable IMAP client.
Only some very few console based IMAP clients are better in at least one
feature: Fetching headers on demand.

I just want to have this stated.

To be provocative and exaggerating just isn't netiquette and if the said
statement is plain wrong, it's really bad and has to be corrected.

Even lynx is a web browser, although it cannot do some very basic things
 everyone expects a web browser to be capable of.

So I hope everyone can agree with my statement and this subject can be
closed now.

Best,
Daniel