Cyrus-IMAP, saslauthd, Problems with DIGEST/CRAM-MD5

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Feb 21 04:00:42 EST 2006

--On 20. Februar 2006 22:08:04 -0600 Eric Renfro <erenfro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I'm having a problem with Cyrus-IMAPD 2.2.12 with Cyrus-SASL
> 2.1.19's  saslauthd.
>
> When I login using the LOGIN method, I see saslauthd doing it's lookup,
> and  OpenLDAP logs show it as well, and it's all successfull. However,
> when trying  to do a PLAIN, DIGEST-MD5, or CRAM-MD5 auth to the IMAP
> server, it fails.  cyrus/imapd shows up in the logs, but saslauthd does
> not.

You can't use DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5 with saslauthd. I use sasldb myself,
so I'm no expert on the other mechanisms, but I think the ldap auxprop
works with challenge-response mechanisms. I'm not sure why PLAIN would
fail, though.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK