Possible sendmail misconfiguration to deliver to cyrus

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Mon Dec 4 15:40:32 EST 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 8:31 AM, Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 09:23:47PM -0800, Jo Rhett wrote:
>
>> Can you create a list of all of your users from some other
>> information?
>> If so,
>> 1. Put a list of all of your domains in /etc/mail/virtual-domains
>> 2. put each and every user in virtusertable with the same e-mail
>> address
>> on the left and right
>> 	jrhett at netconsonance.com    jrhett at netconsonance.com
>
> I'm not complaining, but wow that looks unintuitive.

(rant mode on) :-)

You know, it amazes me how many times I get comments from sysadmins
that a given solution doesn't work for them because they don't like
how it *looks* ...

It's a system config file.  It's supposed to provide information in a
machine-readable format.  Not a human-readable format.  Does /etc/
passwd look intuitive to you?

/rant

--
Jo Rhett