Mailbox does not exist

Bart Van Loon bart at inGen.be
Wed Aug 30 04:49:00 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 22:03 +0300, Cristian Mitrana wrote:

> * Bart Van Loon wrote [Tuesday, August 29, 2006 07:57:30 PM +0200]
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am new to this list but didn't get to search the archives, so I hope this
> > question is not disturbing anyone.
> >

>  [...]
>
> > alex # echo "" | /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -m
> > user.bbbart.Lists.gphoto.devel
> > +user.bbbart.Lists.gphoto.devel: Mailbox does not exist
> > alex # logout
> > bbbart at alex ~ $ echo "" | /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -m
> > Lists.gphoto.devel
> > +Lists.gphoto.devel: Mailbox does not exist
> >
> > course, when I specify the user bbbart at the end of the deliver
> > statement, the empty mail gets delivered in my INBOX, but this is not
> > what I want.
> >
> > can anyone explain this?
>
>  My understanding is that you should feed deliver the email address and not
> the internal cyrus mailbox name, in your case bbat+Lists.gphoto.devel
> [@domain].

hmm... I tried that, but this does not seem to work either. cyrus just
goes on complaining:

+bbbart at +Lists.gphoto.devel: Mailbox does not exist

thank you for you idea.

maybe I am asking too much: is it possible to have cyrus deliver mail
into another folder that the INBOX of the user it is delivering mail
for? more specifically, somewhere in the subhierarchy of the user's
INBOX?

--
groetjes,
Bart Van Loon

My family is dysfunctional and my parents won't empower me. Consequently
I'm not self actualized. -- Calvin