Problem with horde/ingo and sieve

VALOIS, Pascal pascal.valois at devinci.fr
Fri Aug 25 03:32:52 EDT 2006

HI,

        i'm quite new to sieve, and i have to following problem

        when i log to imp (the messaging component from the horde
        framework), i
        can read my mail in imap (no login problem so).

        i can add a filter using sieve with the ingo component. i'm sure
        this
        par works cause when i ssh to my cyrus server, i can see the
        script
        in /etc/sieve/t/test (test beeing my login) in a file named
        ingo.script,
        and a compiled version of it named ingo.bc. thus there is a
        default.bc
        symbolic link to ingo.bc.

        now, what i wanna ask, is HOW can i check step by step that
        sieve is
        functional ?

        in fact, how does it works ?

        i know that cyrus-master call timsieved as a service to ensure
        that
        putting a script through tcp/2000 connection works.

        but when the mail is recieved, postfix send it to cyrus-deliver,
        and
        then when and how does sieve act ? how can i check it works
        perfectly ?

        hope someone can help me

        Pascal Valois
        Pole Universitaire Leonard de Vinci