Can't login websieve

Sam sam at
Wed Aug 23 18:50:07 EDT 2006

Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:
> Hi,
> sam> # sivtest -a cyrus localhost
> sam> getaddrinfo: servname not supported for ai_socktype
> sam> failure: Network initialization - can not connect to localhost:sieve
> The error message is out when a specified service name is not found in
> /etc/services.  I suspect you didn't add `sieve' entry like following
> into your /etc/services:
> 	sieve		2000/tcp   callbook
> Sincerely,

Thanks for the suggestion, the port 2000 is already assigned to another
service in the /etc/service file.

callbook        2000/tcp
callbook        2000/udp

I m not sure whether I can overwrite it or remove the callbook service
and add sieve service to it.
After I added sieve service, how to activate it?

Any suggestion?