Can't login websieve

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Wed Aug 23 05:28:10 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-23 at 18:08 +1000, Sam wrote:
> The websieve.pl was working fine in our old mail server, but after we
> move the mail system to a new version of FreeBSD 6.1, I can't login to
> it any more.

> # sivtest -a cyrus localhost
> getaddrinfo: servname not supported for ai_socktype
> failure: Network initialization - can not connect to localhost:sieve

Looks like an IPv4/IPv6 mix-up.  Does your /etc/hosts contain entries
for localhost on both 127.0.0.1 and ::1 ?  If not, are you missing the
IPv4 address?  If they're both present but ::1 comes first, what happens
if you swap the order?  Failing that, if you're not using IPv6, what
happens if you remove ::1 ?
--
"Everything has three factors: politics, money, and the right way to do it.
 In that order."  -- Gary Donahue