Shared folders

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Tue Aug 15 06:53:42 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-15 at 12:42 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Phil Pennock schreef:
> > On 2006-08-15 at 10:33 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> >
> >>I've a mailbox user.paul and a folder "user.paul.postbank". When I send
> >>a message to "paul+postbank at vandervlis.nl" the message comes in my
> >>inbox, and not in the folder "postbank".
> >

> > Have you granted "anyone" the "p" permission on the folder postbank?
>
> Ah, now it works!
>
> setaclmailbox user.paul.postbank anonymous write

*indrawn breath through gritted teeth*  *wince*

That's a LOT more permission than is needed and likely to bite you hard,
someday, if left alone.

> lam user.paul.postbank
> anonymous lrswipcd

You are perhaps better served by removing all of those except "p".  The
anonymous user needs to be able to inject mail into the folder, with
_p_ost rights, but nothing else.
--
"Everything has three factors: politics, money, and the right way to do it.
 In that order."  -- Gary Donahue