Outlook 2003 still crashing

Alexander Kriegisch Alexander.Kriegisch at mathema.de
Tue Aug 15 04:15:44 EDT 2006

I am referring to a thread somebody else started in November 2005:

Kenneth Murchison wrote (Wed Nov 16 20:23:28 EST 2005):

> Wil Cooley wrote:
>> On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 08:01 -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
>>
>>> Grabbing a protocol dump when you experience the crash might be
>>> helpful.
>>
>> I'm seeing it with Office 2003 SP2 installed (didn't test w/o SP2).  I'm
>> looking at the protocol logs but for the life of me I cannot see
>> anything going wrong.  It sends IDLE requests and then just hangs up
>> trying to do who-knows-what.  Since I don't really understand IDLE and
>> idled (other than the general idea of staying connected), I tried
>> restarting with idled not starting in cyrus.conf, to no avail.
>
> Disable IDLE altogether in Cyrus.  Outlook doesn't play well with
> others, except for Exchange.

Well, Kenneth, we tried just that, but to no avail. The results are even
worse than enabling IDLE, but decreasing the timeout. I am quoting my
sys-admin here, I am not administering the server myself.

We tried OL2003 without patches and with SP2. No difference in results,
and we share the same symtoms mentioned in that older thread. Strangely,
it seems to work with older OL2000.

Regards
Alexander Kriegisch