unable to login with cyradm

Rosenbaum, Larry M. rosenbaumlm at ornl.gov
Fri Aug 4 10:18:14 EDT 2006

> From: Rudy Gevaert [mailto:Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be]
>
> Larry Rosenbaum wrote:
>
> >>If I understoond you correct, you are saying that I cando a tls
connect
> >>with in Cyrus::IMAP::Admin?  Right?
> >

> > Yes.
>
> Ok.  Can you provide any pointers how to go about it then? I
previously
> asked how to use tls with cyradm but my question remained unanswered.

Here's what works for us:

# cyradm localhost --tls
verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
Password:
localhost>

or if your Cyrus admin username isn't the same as your UNIX login name,

# cyradm localhost --tls --user=xyzzy
verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
Password:
localhost>

You can get rid of the certificate warning by using a certificate signed
by a CA and putting the CA certificate where Cyrus expects to find it.
In our case, that meant putting it in /usr/local/ssl/certs and creating
the hash symlink with c_rehash.

I don't know how to get the Cyrus::IMAP::Admin Perl module to use TLS
when called directly.  It looks like it's supposed to use TLS
automatically if it is available (and you don't tell it not to), but I
haven't been able to make that work.  We have been using IMAP::Admin
when we need Perl scripting.