Skiplist vs Berkley db

barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Wed Apr 19 12:46:34 EDT 2006

I'm considering moving to skiplist from berkley db when deploying a new
cyrus server. (So no account transfers are going to be needed)

What I was wondering is....can someone help list the pro's and cons of
skiplist and Bdb?

I was talking about this move to a friend of mine, whose opinion I
respect, and he felt that bdb was the way to go.

I have read through the maillists and some of the comments made about
skiplist, made me want to move to that.

Hopefully this isn't "religous" in nature...not trying to start a war here. :)

Thanks for any advice.

Mike B.