SASL/Sieve problems

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Thu Apr 13 11:26:41 EDT 2006

do you allow plain text logins? (I don't think sieveshell won't work
with it disabled)
you can try using sievec to compile the current sieve scripts and
make them active.

you can debug with sivtest

# sivtest bratwurst
S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3-alpha"
S: "SASL" "GSSAPI"
S: "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation
imapflags notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
S: "STARTTLS"
S: OK
Authentication failed. no mechanism available
Security strength factor: 0

Our server requires starttls and I didn't do it
so
#sivtest -t "" bratwrust
does the trick

-Patrick