webmail+kerberos+cyrus imapd

Jeffrey T Eaton jeaton at cmu.edu
Wed Apr 12 10:21:02 EDT 2006

> My curus-imapd authenticates using gssapi kerberos5.
> Is there a webmail system that authenticates users to the cyrus-imapd
> using kerberos5?
> Maybe through pubcookie?
> I cannot find any directions..

At CMU, we are using a slightly modiffied version of SquirrelMail
which uses pubcookie with kerberos ticket passing for authentication.
On the webmail server, instead of letting PHP make the connection to
Cyrus, we instead fork a copy of imtest (which authenticates using the
passed tickets).  Then SquirrelMail sends its IMAP commands over
the connection opened by imtest.

I can publish the patches we made to the Cyrus wiki shortly.

-jeaton

--
Jeffrey T. Eaton                    esp                      jeaton at cmu.edu
Email Systems Team Leader                        Carnegie-Mellon University