Cannot deliver mail with 2.3.3-1 returns "Unexpected internal error"

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Wed Apr 12 07:40:20 EDT 2006

> Hi Ken,
>
> Sorry to be ambiguous, but I did a little too much previous editing.
>
> Ok,
>
> I have previously set local6.debug to /var/log/imapd.log and nothing
> appears
> there !, I am guessing the debug has been turned off when compiled.

As the file /usr/share/doc/cyrus-imapd-[yourversion]/README.RPM clearly
states my rpms are using mail facility for logging. Try increasing
verbosity on the mail log facility and it should work.

Simon

> The config I have been using for quite some time (couple of cyrus upgrades
> to 2.2.12) is as follows.
>
> I set unixhierarchysep=no
> The setup uses pam to use winbind that binds to a win2003 server.
> I have a user jbasile and I deliver mail to jbasile.inbox using an alias.
> All of the imap authentication works great, sieve is another matter and
> probably another forum.
> All users use either outlook and squirrelmail depending on their
> locations.
> All of this works great on 2.2.12, note that this particular imap server
> hosts 50+ (and growing) users over 5 locations.
> The reason that I need 2.3.3 is that I want to do is sync to another
> couple
> of servers for site redundancy and distributed mail server access.
>
> Using the same config files on both versions produces different results.

> Here is the 2.2.12 that works
>
> # telnet 127.0.0.1 lmtp
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 merald LMTP Cyrus v2.2.12-Invoca-RPM-2.2.12-1.1.fc3 ready
> lhlo qw.com
> 250-merald
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-SIZE
> 250-AUTH EXTERNAL
> 250 IGNOREQUOTA
> mail from:<my at my.com>
> 250 2.1.0 ok
> rcpt to:<jbasile.inbox>
> 250 2.1.5 ok
> data
> 354 go ahead
> .
> 250 2.1.5 Ok
> quit
> 221 2.0.0 bye
> Connection closed by foreign host.

> Here is the 2.3.3-1
>
> # telnet 127.0.0.1 lmtp
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 merald LMTP Cyrus v2.3.3-Invoca-RPM-2.3.3-1 ready
> lhlo qw.com
> 250-merald
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-SIZE
> 250-AUTH EXTERNAL
> 250 IGNOREQUOTA
> mail from:<my at my.com>
> 250 2.1.0 ok
> rcpt to:<jbasile.inbox>
> 250 2.1.5 ok
> data
> 354 go ahead
> .
> 554 5.0.0 Unexpected internal error
> quit
> 221 2.0.0 bye
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> I hope that this make more sense
> Thanks
> John

>>> 250-8BITMIME
>>> 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
>>> 250-PIPELINING
>>> 250-SIZE
>>> 250-AUTH EXTERNAL
>>> 250 IGNOREQUOTA
>>> mail from:<my at my.com>
>>> 250 2.1.0 ok
>>> rcpt to:<my.inbox>
>
> Do you have a user named 'my.inbox'?
>

> I think you have misconfigured/misunderstand the way Cyrus works.
>

>>> 250 2.1.5 ok
>>> data