How can I restore the "\Seen" state from backup?

Ciprian Vizitiu cvizitiu at gbif.org
Mon Apr 10 07:32:32 EDT 2006

> Patrick T. Tsang wrote:
> > As long as I know, cyrus imapd comes with no solution of
> keeping user
> > mail status.
> > I tested to copy all /var/lib/imap files to the target
> server and do
> > mail reconstruct, it worked but it is not practical since I have to
> > shut down the cyrus server.
>
> As far as I know you do NOT have to shut down the server when
> running reconstruct. Has this changed in recent versions? Am
> I missing something, is there some other reason why you shut
> down the server?

Oh God, Patrick if you know the magic incantation please say it. I haven't
been able to convince Cyrus to recognize a new mail folder restored from
back-up other than exporting the mailbox.db into text editing it and
reimporting the db. Can I do this without stopping Cyrus? :-o

What I would love to have is an export/import API. Or better said, a back-up
one. Ok, probably it will be really difficult to implement such a thing but
it'll be a real boost to my productivity.