reconstruct and seen db on 2.3.1

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 7 11:48:09 EDT 2006

Greets.

I'm using cyrus-imapd-2.3.1-2.1and we had a major server crash recently
which forced us to recover all mailboxes from tape. We had no problems
restoring /var/spool/imap/ and /var/lib/imap and afterwards ran
reconstruct -rf on all mailboxes to get them into a sane state. We did
all this before allowing new mail or users on the system.

Today one account reported that all incoming mail was marked as \Seen by
default. I checked out his account and there were no sieve scripts.
Because the user was using fetchmail the simple fix was to remove the
account.seen skiplist db and have cyrus recreate it.

I really wondering though why the reconstruct command didn't fix up the
seen db to start with. I have a copy of the account.seen db around if
anyone can suggest some tests to do.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin