Web based administration interfaces ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Apr 4 20:22:27 EDT 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Carl P. Corliss wrote:

> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 03:17 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>>> you can't easily have first.last at domain within Cyrus ... so, I have
>>> clients create first_last, and create an alias that delivers to that
>>> "central mailbox" ... I just have to extend mailadmin to allow for adding
>>> aliases to the virtuals table next ...
>>>

>> And why not? I have it working. (although I'm not 100% sure since I only
>> have it as user at domain and I didn't try user.name at domain.com, but I'm
>> sure it's do-able
>>

> It is 100% possible and not difficult at all to use... so long as
> unixhierarchysep is turned on.

'k, I haven't investigated that one too closely, but ... how does that
affect sub-folders and mail readers?  If I change unixhierarchysep to 1,
how does that affect outlook?  are clients going to need to somehow
reconfigure their mail reader?  Or is this totally transparent?

And, if totally transparent, just curious as to why it defaults to '.'?

----