High-Availability IMAP server

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:03:04 EDT 2005

On 9/26/05, David <info-cyrus at mantxado.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to achieve this goal using cyrus? Which is the best approach
> to this scenario? Run daily imapsync via cron and a Load Balancer forward the
> requests to the active one?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

There is replication code in the 2.3 branch; though from what I can
tell it hasn't been touched in a few months and makes me wonder if
it's being actively developed still. Nevertheless, in my exhaustive
search for any and all information on IMAP replication, I came across
a few list posts detailing the 2.3 replication code in production,
without many issues, for over a year.

I would be eternally grateful if someone on the list more
knowledgeable detailed their experiences with replication.

regards,
aaron.glenn