Recommendations for Thunderbird settings when it hangs copying to "sent folder"

Klaus P. Pieper pub.kp2.pieper at ibeq.com
Wed Oct 26 09:40:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

Cyrus 2.1.18 on Debian Sarge used mostly with Thunderbird 1.0.6 on
Windows XP. One NAT router and an additional router / switch between the
server and the TB clients.

Occasionally (it appears that this happens usually after intensive use
of the search function) the TB client hangs after sending out a mail
with the message "copying to sent folder". It is not related to the size
of the message. The message *is* sent out but then we have to restart
the TB client. No chance to save the message in the IMAP sent folder.

There are a few bug reports available on this but I haven't found a real
solution so far. Does anybody use the combination of TB and Cyrus
without problems? Could we use a sieve script to put a copy of each
outgoing mail into the sent folder (instead of having the client do this)?

Thanks Klaus