Usig cyrus with qmail?

Matt Singerman matt.singerman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:26:24 EDT 2005

Hello,

I administer a mail server which currently uses Sendmail as the MTA,
and Cyrus for IMAP mail services.  I am very satisfied with Cyrus, but
would like to replace Sendmail for a variety of reasons.  Ideally, I
would like to use qmail, but I cannot find any information that is
helpful for our situation.  None of our users have login accounts on
the server - they have only Cyrus accounts with passwords set and
stored via sasl.  All the solutions I have found to getting qmail to
work with cyrus (usually via procmail) begins with "modify the users
.qmail file..."  Has anyone on here managed to use qmail sitewide
without user accounts?  If not, what MTA would you recommend?

Thanks,

Matt