Corrupted mail account

brad brad at bradandkim.net
Mon Oct 3 11:55:14 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 11:25 -0400, Jason Dixon wrote:

> Where neither "Bar" folders are readable by the client.  At this
> point, I just want to delete them both and allow the user to recreate
> their IMAP structure and upload (they POP'd all their mail to local
> storage).  Unfortunately, when I delete their folders and do a
> reconstruct as the cyrus user, it recreates the broken structure.  I
> don't know much about Cyrus, but I'm guessing there's a master copy
> of this information stored in db.  How can I blow away this user's
> mail store and rebuild?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Jason Dixon
> Manager, IT Services
> Raba Technologies

The mailboxes.db file holds the information about all users' mailboxes.
You will need to use ctl_mboxlist to dump the contents of mailboxes.db
to a text file.  Then you can edit the text file removing the unwanted
fodlers and reload it to mailboxes.db with ctl_mboxlist.  Make sure you
move the original (back it up first) mailboxes.db out of the way before
re-loading your text file or it will just add to the mailboxes.db.

Hope that helps,

--
Brad Crotchett, RHCE
brad at bradandkim.net