cyradm login problems

Lee Nau lee.nau at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 13:41:01 EDT 2005

I am using cyrus 2.1.18-1 with the imaps protocol. The sasl authentication
method is shadow. Whenever I issue the cyradm command, specifically "cyradm
--user cyrus localhost --auth login" I am met with an "IMAP password:"
prompt. The cyrus user's system and sasldb password are the same, and
entering it at this prompt results in being returned to the shell with
roughly two tabs of whitespace before the prompt. If I issue the command
"cyradm --user cyrus localhost" (leaving off the auth method), I am returned
to the shell without any prompt for passwords. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

-Lee