Can't get cyrus imapd 2.2.12 to work on a sparc

Andy Fiddaman cyrus at fiddaman.net
Sat Nov 12 17:20:39 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Matthijs Mohlmann wrote:

; Hi,
;
; I'm running FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE on a Ultra Sparc (500Mhz with 512Mb RAM).
;
; I have setup cyrus with postfix and saslauthd. All components are
; completely working except cyrus.
;
; What I discovered is that I can create mailboxes in cyrus and can see
; them with my imap client. But when I try to deliver a mail to the lmtp
; socket / lmtp tcp socket or try to use cyrus/bin/deliver then it gives me:
;
; Nov 12 18:10:13 hermes lmtpunix[95552]: DBERROR: invalid
; berkeley_cachesize value, using internal default

If you've compiled Cyrus as 64-bit, then there is a known bug which
prevents settings from getting their default values. I had to specifically
define quite a few in my imapd.conf to get it to work properly (this
would explain why it works fine on your i386 box).

Add these lines to your imapd.conf and try again..

berkeley_cachesize: 512
berkeley_locks_max: 50000

If you're using sieve, you'll also need:

sieve_maxscripts: 5
sieve_maxscriptsize: 32

for the same reason.

Andy