Shared Mailboxes and Postfix

Josh Whitver whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us
Fri May 20 12:54:16 EDT 2005

David R Bosso <dbosso at lsit.ucsb.edu> on Friday, May 20, 2005 at 11:42 AM -0600
wrote:
>Can you deliver to conference@ without the plus addressing?
>
>-David

Well, "conference" isn't a user on the mail system.  As I understood it, when
dealing with shared mailboxes, the postuser as specified in imapd.conf didn't
actually need to exist, and this would allow the Shared mailboxes to exist
outside of the user mailbox heirarchy.

Do I need to have a "Conference" user and put all the shared mailboxes under
that user's mailbox structure?  I suppose I could do that if necessary, but I'd
like to avoid it if possible.
--
Josh Whitver
whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us / josh at whitver.net
The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them is a
match.