Sieve 2.2 not working

John Lane listmail at oceanfree.net
Wed May 11 02:37:05 EDT 2005

> My guess is that Sieve can't find your "sendmail" binary to process the
> rejection message, which causes the script to fail, thus doing an
> implicit keep (delivering to INBOX).  Try setting the "sendmail" option
> in imapd.conf to the explicit path of the "sendmail" program/script
> provided by Postfix and see if this solves the problem.

I think I have the sendmail binary set up ok. Here is my imapd.conf:

-bash-2.05b# cat /etc/imapd.conf
# Begin /etc/imapd.conf

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_ca_file: /etc/ssl/certs/cacert.pem
tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/servercert.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/serverkey.pem
tls_cipher_list: HIGH:MEDIUM:+SSLv2
tls_require_cert: true
debug: 1

# End /etc/imapd.conf
-bash-2.05b# ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 730185 Mar 13 13:51 /usr/sbin/sendmail
-bash-2.05b#

Is there a sieve test I can do that proves it is trying to process, or a way
of logging its activity ?