Murder, and, moving mailboxes from a backend to another

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Thu May 26 11:22:46 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've got my murder working nicely after I got some sleep, I actually have a
test cluster with 2 front ends and 2 back ends, they all talk to each other,
and mail can go back and forth and it's lovely.
Now, I've been trying to move a mailbox from a backend to another, and, I
can't get it to work.
my 2 backend are called cluster1 and 2, my 2 front ends cluster3 and 4. The
mupdate master is cluster4.

There are those mailboxes :
* OK cluster1.in.absolight.net Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready
. login admin at murder.absolight.com hopela
. OK User logged in
. rlist "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "user/clust1 at t1.pol.io"

and
* OK cluster2.in.absolight.net Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready
. login admin at murder.absolight.com hopela
. OK User logged in
. rlist "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "user/clust2 at t1.pol.io"

If I :
* OK cluster4.in.absolight.net Cyrus IMAP4 Murder v2.2.12 server ready
. login admin at murder.absolight.com yeah
. OK User logged in
. rename user/clust1 at t1.pol.io user/clust1 at t1.pol.io cluster2
. NO Invalid mailbox name
. rename user/clust2 at t1.pol.io user/clust2 at t1.pol.io cluster1
. NO Invalid mailbox name

and if I :
* OK cluster3.in.absolight.net Cyrus IMAP4 Murder v2.2.12 server ready
. login admin at murder.absolight.com yeah
. OK User logged in
. rename user/clust1 at t1.pol.io user/clust1 at t1.pol.io cluster2
. NO Operation is not supported on mailbox
. rename user/clust2 at t1.pol.io user/clust2 at t1.pol.io cluster1
. NO Invalid mailbox name

I don't really understand what or why it's doing that, but it's doing it. If
anyone has any idea of why, I'd be pleased :-)

--
Mathieu Arnold