Conversion from UW to Cyrus _and_ keeping IMAP flags?

Alan Thew Alan.Thew at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 09:48:35 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:40 , Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> said:

> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 13:59 +0000, Alan Thew wrote:
>> Has anyone tried using a batch process (for speed) _and_ managed to keep
>> the flags?
>>
>> I've not found anything on the web/wiki that indicates this. If I had the
>> flag data, how would I get this to Cyrus?
> ----
> imapsync works nice
>
> problem with batch is that you would have to feed it names/passwords for
> accounts on both servers

My understanding is that imapsync and other imap->imap tools take a long
time (we have > 15,000 users with large amounts of mail). The batch
methods I refered to are the type of tools on the Wiki and in the
"Managing IMAP" book, which normally throw the imap flag data away...

Thanks

Alan Thew                                       alan.thew at liverpool.ac.uk
Computing Services, University of Liverpool     Fax: +44 151 794-4442