Posting directly to subfolder / "+"-Notation [postfix]

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Thu Mar 31 07:22:38 EST 2005

## Rob Siemborski (rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu):

> However, the LMTP session can authorize each message as a particular
> sender as well.  So while the postfix server authenticates to the LMTP
> server as "postfix" or whatever, the postfix server is then trusted to be
> correct when it says "this message sent by xyz".
> In that case, you can use SMTP Auth to your postfix server to submit the
> message, which then relays the authentication info for the message.

I'm not sure if postfix is capable of doing so (but that's again
a postfix problem, not a cyrus problem...).
The documentation[1] says "Postfix [...] does not pass it on via SMTP
commands when forwarding mail, [...]" so I believe it's not possible.

[1] http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

Regards,
Christoph

--