cyrus-imapd pop3 authentication

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jun 22 11:52:06 EDT 2005

Am Mi, den 22.06.2005 schrieb Vijay Kumar um 17:23:

> I am running cyrus-imapd-2.2.10 on RHEL 4 system.

Update to the current update version of that package!

> We have created a user test with passwd test and we want to this user
> to receive email.
>
> When we do a “telnet <ip> 110 and then give the USER and PASS commands
> , we are notable to login using the user id and passwd. Error given is
> : -[ERR] AUTH Invalid Login.
>

> The logs show an error “unknown password identifier”
>

> Here’s the imapd.conf  file :
>

> configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
>
> partition-default: /var/spool/imap
>
> admins: cyrus root
>
> sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
>
> sendmail: /opt/postfix/sbin/sendmail
>
> hashimapspool: true
>
> sasl_pwcheck_method:passwd

False, change that to "saslauthd"

> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>
> tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
>
> tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
>
> tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
>

> I have tried replacing the sasl_pwcheck_method with shadow and unix
> keywords.
>

> How can we configure support for /etc/passwd file, so that the same
> can be checked ?

Do above change and make sure saslauthd is running: service saslauthd
start; chkconfig saslauthd on. saslauthd is configured through
/etc/sysconfig/saslauthd.

> Do we need to create Maildir in every users home directory ?

No, Cyrus-IMAPd has his own central mail storage.

> Vijay.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:48:06 up 1 day, 2:02, load average: 0.56, 0.66, 0.63