Sieve & LMTP

Kevin Menard kmenard at servprise.com
Sun Jul 17 00:29:36 EDT 2005

Hi Ken,

On Jul 16, 2005, at 8:01 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Did you activate the script?  If you look in your sieve directory
> (sievedir option in imapd.conf hashed by userid), you should see a
> 'defaultbc. link pointing to '<scriptname>.bc'

Well, it was activated, but there was some end user error.  I had a
wrong condition on my test script, but my MUA still had a rule set
that was causing it to filter weirdly.  So, I have that all taken
care of.  However, my test script also used the "notify" command,
which doesn't seem to be working -- not a big deal, I don't really
need it, but I was expecting it to do something *shrug*

> You definitely do NOT want to use deliver unless you absolutely
> have to.  Deliver is just an LMTP client anyways, and adds an extra
> (possibly expensive) process (fork() + exec()) to the pipeline.

That's what I thought.  I just incorrectly thought it might be the
only way to get sieve filtering working.

Anyway, thanks for the help Ken.  It's nice to see your still active
here as your contributions have always been great.

--
Kevin