Quota Issue - New To List

Kurt Laurinaitis kli4561 at saintjoe.edu
Thu Jul 21 14:35:07 EDT 2005

Hello all..

Got Cyrus up and running but don't want people to abuse my space on my
system, so I would like to setup a quota.  I looked into the docs and it
mentioned a folver in /var/imap but I have no quota folder, here is the
step because my partition is ext2

*LINUX SYSTEMS USING EXT2FS ONLY*: Set the user, quota, and partition
directories to update synchronously. Failure to do this may lead to data
corruption and/or loss of mail after a system crash. Unfortunately,
doing so may result in a serious performance hit. If you are using a
newer filesystem than ext2fs on Linux, this step should not be
necessary. (Running ext3 in any mode is safe.)

   cd /var/imap
   chattr +S user quota user/* quota/*

I only have the user folder so I am not sure if I just create the folder or where I would begin to setup a quota...can someone point me in the right direction?

Kurt

   chattr +S /var/spool/imap /var/spool/imap/*