Moving Mailboxes between backends.

Stromgol stromgol at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:19:35 EDT 2005

I'm getting a new backend in a murder environnement.
I want to move some mailboxes to the new backend to balance the load.

I tried as the doc says:
backend1> rename user/test user/test backend3!part01
renamemailbox: Unknown/invalid partition

It seems that cyradm dont't like the backend3! part.

I use "/" instead of "." because I have "unixhierarchysep: yes".
On each backend in the imapd.conf I have:

<snip>
defaultpartition: part01
partition-part01: /var/spool/imap/part01
partition-part02: /var/spool/imap/part02
</snip>

Do you have an idea?

Thanks!