Cyrus Quota / Broken

Eddy Beliveau eddy.beliveau at hec.ca
Fri Jul 29 10:43:49 EDT 2005

Hi! Christiaan,

By browsing in archive.info-cyrus (34717), I noticed that you got exactly the same problem has we
got last month with cyrus-imapd-2.2.8-6.3
- 'quota -f' is reporting the double of the real quota
- 'quota -f' has to be run twice to correct the situation

It goes ok for 6 weeks, then it happened again for 22000 students over 40000 mailboxes

I will run 'quota -f' twice to correct it
but I don't like the fact that it won't resolve permanently the problem

I notice that you upgrade to 2.2.12, did you run 'quota -f' after the upgrade ?

Does your problem reappears ?

Does other mail admins reported this problem ?
Did you report this problem to the development team ?

Any suggestions/hints ?

2.2.12 is dated february 2005, any newer version ?

Note that I wrote to info-cyrus some days ago without any replies
"The quota information from getquotaroot command vanished !!"

Thanks,
Eddy

Eddy.Beliveau at hec.ca
Telephone: 514-340-6073

Analyste - Applications Reseau
HEC Montreal
3000 Chemin de la Cote Sainte-Catherine
Montreal  (Quebec)
Canada H3T 2A7

Any horizontal surface soon tends to be piled up