Aw: Re: IMAP works, but no SMTP (for sending mail)

Uwe Menges uwe.menges at web.de
Tue Feb 15 20:47:03 EST 2005

benjamin200 at arcor.de wrote:
> Feb 15 10:49:24 server postfix/smtpd[23837]: sql_select option missing
[...]
> sql_select: select password from accountuser where username='%u@%r'

I guess your config line is somehow wrong. :)

> But I get always the same errors. It doesn’t work. Could you help.
> Should I give you more information – what does you need?

I don't have experience with mysql auth, I use sasldb2. I think reading
details on the sql auxprop plugin and the sql_engine mysql may reveal
how this string is supposed to be, or googling after other howtos may be
a first step.

> P.S:
> Saslauth works:
>
> root at server sasl2 # testsaslauthd -u 10001 -p test
> 0: OK "Success."
> root at server sasl2 #

I may be wrong, but it then should work with the first version with
pwcheck_method: saslauthd or at least give different log output.

Yours, Uwe

--
Uwe Menges, PGP Key ID 0x29F2841F
Encrypted e-mail preferred, see [http://gnupg.org] or [http://pgpi.org]