Moving Users

Greg Harris gharris at mail.nixa.k12.mo.us
Wed Feb 23 12:35:39 EST 2005

Hello all,

We are using Cyrus 2.1.15/MySQL 3.23.58/Postfix 2.1.5/PERL 5.8 on a fairly
current RHEL3 clone.  I am having troubles with how to move a user from one
username to another.  E-mail addresses are based on user name, as are
account names.  When a user gets married/divorced/etc. then the account is
changed and the alias is created for the old account for a time.  Therefore,
I need to move user.oldname to user.newname.  It seems that I need to copy
the user.oldname to user.newname and then delete user.oldname, but how do I
get all subdirs and what is the copy command?  I can not seem to find
anything that references this task in man pages, google searches, archives,
etc.  Does anyone have any howto/script/info on this topic?