Compacting mailboxes...

Marco Colombo marco at esi.it
Fri Feb 25 06:13:44 EST 2005

Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> I'm concerned about disk space consumption of these messages in-limbo.
> Is there some mechanism that can force a "compact" of the mailbox to
> remove these deleted messages - or is there another method to manage
> this scenario?

Use quotas as a LART. http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/L/LART.html

As soon as users realize they mailboxes are full because their client
is not compacting folders, they'll learn how to configure it properly.

A help page with directions for common clients might help, tho.

.TM.
--
      /      /       /			Marco Colombo