Creating and using virtual domains in/with Cyrus..
eric at cirr.com
Sun Feb 27 13:03:06 EST 2005
Baltasar Cevc writes:
- > Additionally, when I mark a user.admin at domain.tld as an admin,
- > it can see _all_ the mailboxes, not just the ones in domain.tld.
- Have you set defaultdomain? Normally, admins in defaultdomain
- should see all mailboxes, any other admin only mailboxes in its
- own domain
Yes, I have set default domain.
- However, for me there are strange interactions between servername
- and defaultdomain (the admin behaves as if in defaultdomain when
The default domain is different than the server's name..
The default domain has an MX record but no A record in DNS.
- > Finally, I've seen folks make reference to a directory structure
- > similiar to this:
- > <partition>/
- > /domain.tld
- > /domain.tld/email-1
- > /domain.tld/email-2
- As far as I understand, cyrus creates this structure for all
- domains except the defaultdomain, the users of the latter being
- created unter user/username.
Hmm, it doesn't seem to be doing that for me. I end up
with something looking like this:
/user/email-1 at domain^tld
/user/email-2 at domain^tld
/user/email-3 at domain-2^tld
I'm creating users using cyradm, using
cm user/email-1 at domain.tld
cm user/email-3 at domain-2.tld
- When the defaultdomain is changed, strange things may happen...
I'm trying to remember if I've tweaked that since I did
the initial install..
Perhaps it's time to destroy the spool and database
directories and restart.. (fortunately, no real data in there,
just lots of test mailboxes..)
Thank you again for any assistance!
Eric Schnoebelen eric at cirr.com http://www.cirr.com
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work" -- Aristotle
Cyrus Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu
List Archives/Info: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/mailing-list.html
More information about the Info-cyrus