Cyrus deliver command

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetilho at ifi.uio.no
Sat Dec 10 07:59:24 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 14:36 -0500, Dahnke, Eric (Company IT) wrote:
> How can a person set the Subject and X- headers in an email using
> deliver. Suppose I need to have an email as formatted below delivered to
> a users mailbox. Can I just cat a file containing this text and pipe it
> to deliver? Thx
>
> From: "Outlook Sync" <>
> Subject: Hidden synchronization message

isn't it easer to add these headers in your MTA?  e.g., in Exim, the
directive is called headers_add.

do note that the From header contains an illegal address ("<>" is only
valid as the empty sender in RFC 2821, RFC 2822 won't have it), and so
Cyrus may refuse to have anything to do with it.  is it possible to
replace it with a <nobody at example.com>?

> This message contains data necessary to synchronize this folder with
> Outlook.
> Please do not delete.

is this part of the stuff you want to add?  in that case, it seems you
need to add another message, not just headers.

> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.
> Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is
> prohibited.

any particular wishes for your destruction, Sir?

--
Kjetil T.