IMAP session minor issue - clarification needed

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Sun Apr 3 07:09:39 EDT 2005

Mitja Sladovic wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2005 8:40 PM, *Simon Matter* <simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
> <mailto:simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com>> wrote:
>

>     Wait a minute, is this plain Cyrus IMAP 2.2.12 or a patched one?
>     There is
>     an OE seen state patch floating around which I've included in my
>     rpms and
>     IIRC it just fixes the problem discussed here. IIRC the patch is
>     really a
>     hack but at least it does work.
>

> hehe, thah are your RPMS from
> http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/
> I didn't know for this problem...
> thanks for your work :)
>
> bye, Mitja

Hi guys.

I haven't used any patches, it is virgin Cyrus IMAP4 2.2.10, with my
setup and file layout. Could someone make a comment on the cause of thei
"feature". Simon, you said that the patch is more like a hack. The
question is, should we go the hack path or improve Cyrus?

Note that I have seen the behaviour on Mozilla, too. I'm guessing that
seen state is not being propagated at all. Then it is really a question
whether that patch should be called "OE seen state patch" :-)

Nix.