IMAP auths even without valid mailboxes.

Scott Balmos sbalmos at members.simunex.com
Mon Apr 4 10:33:43 EDT 2005

Use pam_ldap in conjunction with the pam_check_service_attr option in
its config file. Then add authorizedService attributes for every PAM
service you want. Cyrus can get especially fine-grained, because it has
four separate PAM services (one each for POP3, IMAP, NNTP, and Sieve).
See below for a section of my account LDIF. Note that SASL does not
append "d" to its service entries, like you think it would. That screwed
me over the first time I tried to get this setup going.

authorizedService: sshd
authorizedService: ftpd
authorizedService: imap
authorizedService: pop