Cryus persists in marking messages as unread?

Stewart Loving-Gibbard sloving-gibbard at uswest.net
Mon Apr 4 00:49:58 EDT 2005

I'm running Cyrus 2.1.15 on a somewhat neglected Mandrake Linux box.
I say neglected because I let it run out of disk space, which naturally
caused some hiccups with the system in general, including email.

Having freed up some space, everything is mostly working again, except
Cyrus no longer retains the "read" flag on messages I've read.
Thunderbird 1.0 will mark the message as read, and it appears to take,
but once I exit Thunderbird and re-run it, it shows the messages
as unread again.

I've tried using reconstruct on it, as well as some of other tools I
could find in /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd, but nothing I've done so far
has helped.

Anything else I can try?

Stewart