Funding Cyrus High Availability

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 18 07:11:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Actually what I was really asking, is are people looking for an
> active-active config and an active-passive config?

I'm not sure that IMAP is ameniable to active-active: the prevalence of
UIDs in the protocol means that it would be very hard to resolve the
inconsistencies that would occur if a pair of machines ever lost touch.

I would be happy to be proved wrong: active-active is clearly better from
a system administrator perspective :).

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.