Cyrus and Samba

Drew Morris drewmorris at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 22:36:30 EDT 2004

All,

Pardon me if this question has already been answered (I couldn't find
anything) but does Cyrus work over a Samba mount? I was assuming that
it did and, if so, this redundancy question seems like it could be
solved without much problem.

My solution would be:

Take multiple boxes running Cyrus and put the mail store on a samba
mounted drive that is connected to a NAS, SAN, or other redundant
storage array.

I assumed that one problem might be the routines that run to keep the
db in sync or other administrative routines but those could be handled
with scripting.

In this type of setup, the redundancy/failover could be handled by a
standard load balancer.

Am I missing something or is there a problem with Samba for this kind of thing?

Thanks for the answer.

- Drew