Duplicate Emails after migration

Robin M. robin at primus.ca
Mon Sep 27 23:17:31 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Rob MacGregor wrote:
> From: Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor at gmail.com>
>
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:53:25 -0400 (EDT), Robin M. <robin at primustel.ca> wrote:
> > I moved from cyrus 2.0 ot the latest and everything went ok.
> > I successfully implemented virtdomains and migrateed the seen etc etc.
>
> Do you mean 2.2.8, or the latest of one of the other versions?  What
> about SASL?  What operating system are you running?

Redhat AS3
Sorry I meant 2.2.8. I used the package shipped by Bynari software. We
upgraded a previous release. I thought at first that it might be a
specific flag that I did not know about, but thought that it might be some
type of way that Outlook gets a 'checksum' of the message.

> > The only problem is that users who use "pop3" with the option "leave
> > messages on server" are getting duplicates.
>
> What client end software?  Have you tried with any other software?

I have only tried Outlook, as it is only people who used the POP3 and
checked "Leave Messages On the Server". After thinking about it I realize
that this is actually nothing to do with cyrus specifically, but was
wondering if there was some flag database that I did not migrate properly.
The seen database was migrated properly.