Virtual Domains Stopped working

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Wed Sep 29 14:00:36 EDT 2004

Greetings,

    I updated my DNSBL support in sendmail the other day and my virtual
domains stopped working.

    Sendmail through the lmtpd socket delivers the mail to
/var/spool/imap/user/{whateveruser}.  IMAPD and POP3D are looking for the
mail in /var/spool/imap/domain/{whateverdomain}/user/{whateveruser}.  This
never happened before I updated my sendmail.cf file.

Here are the appropriate lines in my sendmail.mc file (version Sendmail
8.12.10/8.12.8)

define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')dnl
MAILER(`cyrusv2')
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS',`SwA59@@/:|')dnl

Here is my imapd.conf file: (Cyrus version 2.2.3)

sasl_mech_list:  {removed on purpose}
sasl_pwcheck_method: {removed on purpose}
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
sasl_sasldb_path: /etc/sasldb2
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
lmtpsocket: /var/imap/socket/lmtp
sievedir: /var/imap/sieve
admins: cyrus
virtdomains: userid
defaultdomain: emacolet.com

System is running Solaris 8.  As I stated this all worked until I rebuilt my
sendmail.cf file by adding a few DNSBL's.  I tried removing the new DNSBL's
and still had the problem.

Any clue where to look would be helpful.

Regards,
Pete

----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!