Cyradm and the "xfermailbox" command

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Thu Oct 7 13:40:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm about to move some 5,000 accounts (some 60,000 mailboxes) from an old
ESYS server to Cyrus-IMAP, and I notice that cyradm now includes an
"xfermailbox" command taht will move the mailbox from one server to the
another.  When I tried it on a test mailbox, it just hung there and never
transferred anything -- which makes sense as I was not authenticated to the
destination server.

Using IMAP to move the mailboxes is much more straight forward than the
machinations I would have to go through to convert ESYS style mailboxes to
Cyrus.  So what do I need to do toi make it work?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Tanner