Login failed with error Mailbox does not exist.

sam sam.wun at authtec.net
Fri Oct 8 09:33:51 EDT 2004

Hi,

After used cyradm created user sam.wun and use saslpasswd2 created its
password, the cyrus-imapd sever does not recognize my login ID and password.

I found the mailbox is has the followoing naming convention:
root at at [9:24pm] [...spool/imap]# ls -l
total 22
drwxr-x--- 11 cyrus cyrus 512 Oct 8 21:20 ./
drwxr-xr-x 11 root wheel 512 Oct 6 23:07 ../
drwx------ 2 cyrus cyrus 512 Oct 8 19:25 Mailbox/
drwx------ 2 cyrus cyrus 512 Oct 8 21:20 sam^wun/

The symbol ^ replaced the . when chreating the mailbox for sam.wun.

Is this the real problem? If not, where should I look for the cause of
the error?

The error in the log file is:
pop3[42571]: Unable to locate maildrop for sam.wun: Mailbox does not exist

Thanks
Sam